Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New window not showing cut lines when placed in existing wall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
WendyMiles4266
3865 Views, 5 Replies

New window not showing cut lines when placed in existing wall

Hi

I have an existing wall and want to place a new window in it, when I do, it does not cut correctly and none of the relevant cut lines show (..they do is I cange it to Existing).  I have checked view settings etc, but no luck!  

Attached is a screenshot of what is happening.

I would be grateful if someone has a solution.

Thanks!

W

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rosskirby
in reply to: WendyMiles4266

It looks like your view is set to "Show Previous + Demo", so anything that's placed in new construction won't show up.  What you're seeing is where the new window is "demolishing" the exisitng wall as it cuts its own opening.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 6
WendyMiles4266
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for your response but I explored that option and it is definately set to 'show all' 

It's a weird one and I just can't figure out what the issue is - a reall time waster!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Message 4 of 6
rosskirby

What you're seeing is definitely a phasing issue.  Make sure that your new window is created in the New Construction phase, and that it's not being demolished.  Your demo floor plan phase should be set to "New Construction" and the phase filter should be set to "Show Previous + Demo" not "Show All".  Your new construction plan should have the phase set to "New Construction" and the phase filter set to "Show Previous + New".

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 6
WendyMiles4266
in reply to: rosskirby

Thats where I've been going wrong - trying to show to much on one drawing!

I'll change the way I'm presenting to the way Revit intended.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Message 6 of 6
rosskirby

No problem.  Phasing can be tough to get your mind around at first, but once you've "seen the light" it's smooth sailing.  Good luck!

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report