Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Revit ... searching.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
171 Views, 1 Reply

New to Revit ... searching.

I think Revit is really great but since I 've been working with AutoCAD for 15 years (Release 2.6) I need some help to start thinking the REVIT WAY... I very often make the plans and the 3d Photorealistic model for some engineers who don't know CAD because they are old or because they dont have the time to learn a program... So they give me some very strange things to design. In AutoCAD we have 3D Solids and whith them I can make strange balusters, strange door frames etc. The problem is of course that 3D Solids are not always easy to edit and change. Working with families is quite difficult for me now but I think it gets better every day. Since in revit we work with construction elements rather than lines and curves I think I have to get used to the idea that everything must have a name. For example, how we create a pergola? What do we use for simple and always different decorative stuff? What kind of element we use? I can do it even with a wall of 0.20m height but it doesn't seem right. I send you some small images in a ZIP file to see what I mean with strange stuff... The question is : CAN I DO IT WITH REVIT ? T.I.A. for your time ... Dimitris BTW I already use Accurender with Autocad so rendering is no problem...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't worry Dimitris.. your pictures don't seem 'strange' at all and -yes- surely you can make them in Revit and -yes- once you get the hang of it you'll be faster then doing it in Solid modelling for sure. pic 1 - you could make this through a wallbased family [either window or generic, this does not really matter, only when placing the object windows will come from the window button and generic families will come from the component button.. also in the sheets they will show up slightly different] - just make an opening, make a frame in the wall [sweep], make a frame [partial sweep] on the surface of the wall [for this set your workingplane to the surface], add the underpart as an extrusion - done - place it.. maybe make it parametric in size and re-use it in the project.. pic 2 - so easy.. not even worth mentioning pic 5 - somewhat similar to pic 1 - use extrusions locked on equal distances instead... pic 6 - if you can draw the profile in 2D [surely very easy] you can add this as a roofbases sweep. pic 7 - make this as a wall, edit profile - draw the 'staired' profile - accept ... then just add the fence on top, put it on the lowest level, it won't matter that the iron will stick in the wall, you wouldn't be able to see that. for any more questions please refer to AUGI - you will receive lots of good feedback from Revit-pro's all over the world. greetinx Vincent "JTB" schreef in bericht news:412c3913_1@newsprd01... > I think Revit is really great but since I 've been working with AutoCAD for > 15 years (Release 2.6) I need some help to start thinking the REVIT WAY... > > I very often make the plans and the 3d Photorealistic model for some > engineers who don't know CAD because they are old or because they dont have > the time to learn a program... So they give me some very strange things to > design. > In AutoCAD we have 3D Solids and whith them I can make strange balusters, > strange door frames etc. The problem is of course that 3D Solids are not > always easy to edit and change. > Working with families is quite difficult for me now but I think it gets > better every day. > Since in revit we work with construction elements rather than lines and > curves I think I have to get used to the idea that everything must have a > name. For example, how we create a pergola? What do we use for simple and > always different decorative stuff? What kind of element we use? I can do it > even with a wall of 0.20m height but it doesn't seem right. > I send you some small images in a ZIP file to see what I mean with strange > stuff... The question is : > CAN I DO IT WITH REVIT ? > > T.I.A. for your time ... > > Dimitris > > BTW I already use Accurender with Autocad so rendering is no problem... > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report