Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Revit Architecture 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
c3060143
256 Views, 2 Replies

New to Revit Architecture 2012

Hi,  my name is Kev and I am absolutely new to Revit Architecture 2012.  I am working my way through the home tab, and noticed I have NO FAMILIES loaded---no windows, doors, stairs etc---basically I have no 3D objects at all.  Can you advise me on how to load these--keep in mind I am completely new so do not understand some jargon.  If you could send me info relating to this I would be absolutely appreciated.  I am planning on getting onto Lynda.com and I will go through all the DVD's as a means of up-skilling myself to the workings or RA 2012.  At the moment I use ArchiCAD 15 and I noticed it maybe similar.  Look forward to your reply

Kind regards Kev

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jonmcfarlandGY
in reply to: c3060143

Kev,

Go to Insert>Load Family then load the families that you want.

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
Message 3 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: c3060143

It sounds like you may have started a new project without using a template.  Typically you will want to use a template when starting a new project.  This way you will have some content loaded when you start working.  There are a few default templates that should have been loaded when Revit was installed.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report