Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New light fixture in an existing ceiling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
robinson3
1165 Views, 1 Reply

New light fixture in an existing ceiling

In my model file, I have an existing ceiling grid in which I removed or demolished the 2x4 light fixtures.  I then attempted to install new 2x4 light fixtures in the same locations. (The program would not let me copy light fixtures - there was an error saying that the object did not cut a hole in the host, so I inserted new light fixutres.)  I needed the new light fixtures to be more visible, so I used 'overide the graphics' to darken the lines and shade the background.  The 'overide graphics' does not show up in the annotation file that this model file is linking into. I have tried using a filter, and that does not show up in the annotaion file either.  Oddly enough, this occurs whenever I try to install a new light in an existing ceiling grid, but not if I have a new light fixture in a new ceiling grid.  One of the conveniences of a ceiling grid is that you can move light fixtures and HVAC grilles around with minimal effort, why am I having so much difficulty doing this in Revit?  At this point, I am using the same light fixture in the new phase and overiding the graphics in the demolition phase to appear demolished and overiding the graphics in the new phase to be darker for new.  The solution should be simpler. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
staceyclear
in reply to: robinson3

Try:

In drawing properties menu set phasing to NONE;  insert a new light fixture; change the property of the new light fixture to NEW CONSTRUCTION;  change drawing phase as you wish - the new light fixture will appear in the EXISTING ceiling grid.  

I think its easier to copy one element rather than to go through the steps for each new fixture.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report