Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New laptop for Revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aonal
2146 Views, 4 Replies

New laptop for Revit

Hi all I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the next day or so. I've been looking around and there isn't much in my price range of about $1500 AUD. I need it for rendering, CAD and photoshop. I don't play games and I'm not too fussed about the quality of movies I watch. etc. I'd like a 17" as 15" can be a little fiddly. I've been told to stay away from GeForce. Is this true? Otherwise I've found an ASUS with some awesome specs!
Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4700HQ Processor
Processor Speed: 2.4GHz
Max Turbo Frequency: 3.4GHz
64-bit Computing
Chipset: Intel HM86 Express Chipset
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x DIMM socket for expansion
Display: 17.3" HD+
LCD Backlight Technology: LED backlit
Widescreen
Display Resolution: 1600x900
Aspect Ratio: 16:09:00
Graphic: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM
Storage Capacity: 2 x 1TB HDD
Optical Drive: Super-Multi DVD
Card Reader: 2 -in-1 card reader (SD)
Camera: HD Web Camera
Networking: Integrated 802.11 b/g/n, Built-in Bluetooth V4.0
Interface
1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
2 x USB 3.0 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI
Built-in Speakers And Microphone
SonicMaster Lite Technology
Battery: 4Cells 3000 mAh 44 Whrs Internal Battery
Lithium ion battery - comes with Australian power cord
Dimensions (cm): 41.5 x 27 x 3.12 (W x D x H)

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BIMologist_
in reply to: aonal

I would go for the 1080p resolution this is not as uptodate

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 3 of 5
aonal

I'm not that fussed with the resolution. I've also had troubles with ACER. I just want a graphics card that is going to render. Can't afford the FirePro/quadro laptops here that start at about $4000 for an i7.
Message 4 of 5
alex60

I have an ASUS G73 with i7 second generation and 8 GB of memory and working very well, no problems with rendering. Don't worry its a wonderful machine.

I hope it will help you to purchase that machine.

Thanks, Alex
Message 5 of 5
archmark

While I swore that I'd never buy another Dell strictly because of their lousy customer service and almost un-navigatable website, after researching what was available for my budget, I bit the bullet, endured another horrifying Dell ordering experience and purchased a new Dell M6800. While I'd much preferred to buy a BOXX, I just couldn't justify the cost. I was fortunate to make my purchase around the holidays when Dell was offering some exceptional discounts.

While I'm more than satisfied with the M6800 and how it performs running Revit 2014, I say a prayer everyday that I don't need to contact Dell about a service issue, or anything else for that matter. I'm not bilingual and don't intend on becoming such, especially during over a service issue...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report