Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New elevation does not appear

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kwg06516
401 Views, 1 Reply

New elevation does not appear

I'm trying to create an interior elevation in an upper level.  I'm in the plan for that level, but when I click the elevation icon I don't see the elevation cursor (IDK what you call it, the elevation icon that moves with the cursor for placement and changes direction depending upon which wall you are pointing it at.)  If I click I get this message:

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Mezzanine View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

I checked all of those and everything seems normal but I don't know what I should be looking for.  When I open the elevation the view seems embedded in the floor.  I can stretch open the crop box to see the rest of the room but when I go back to the plan there is no elevation tag visible.  When I'm placing an elevation there are no options available to change the height of placement, if that's the issue, nor is there a selectable tag so I can't change it after the fact either!

I've never had any problems with interior elevations before and now this is happening 3 hours before a deadline!  

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kwg06516

Try checking the following:

- Plan View; Visibility/Graphics Overrides » Annotations tab » Elevations.

- Elevation View; under Properties, there is a parameter named "Hide at scales coarser than".

- Elevation View; Does the Discipline match that of the Plan View? Coordination is OK.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report