Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Door in Existing Wall Demo Graphic Display

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ericoiscool
3416 Views, 9 Replies

New Door in Existing Wall Demo Graphic Display

When a new door is inserted into an existing wall the portion of wall that is demolished to accomodate the new door automatically shows up as such in demo plans.  Is there a way to automatically have this portion of the wall display with demo lines crossing the wall to visually show the extents of the demolition?

See attached pdf.  I want demo lines to automatically show up where red lines are shown.  Is this possible?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbcarch
in reply to: ericoiscool

Try setting View Properties to Show All.

Then the dashed lines for the demo'd portion of the existing wall where the new door is placed will appear.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 10
ericoiscool
in reply to: cbcarch

Are you refering to 'show all' in the phase filter?  I cannot seem to find what you are referencing.

Message 4 of 10
cbcarch

Yes-- see attached screenshot.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 10
ericoiscool
in reply to: cbcarch

That also shows the new work that is to be done.  I am only interested in showing what is existing and to be demolished.

Current Settings:

Phase filter - Show Previous + Demo

Phase - New Construction

Message 6 of 10
KevinHuntLS3P

Would be nice if there was a result on here... 5 years later and I am having the same issue. Is there a graphic thing in the door that is preventing the demo lines from showing in the wall? All my other demo walls show up dashed but not the section that is cut out for the door.

Message 7 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: KevinHuntLS3P

Demolished wall section (by adding a new door) shows up correctly here.

Annotation 2019-12-20 110703.png

Message 8 of 10
jarod.tulanowski
in reply to: ToanDN

This sucks, however there is a workaround (Why a workaround is needed is beyond me) 

1. look at the model in 3D (Isometric) where the new door cuts (leave phase to Show Previous + Demo)

2. select the Unjoin Geometry button in the Modify Tab. then select the new door.

3. use the linework tool and choose Demo.

The workaround is complete ugh!!!

step 1.JPGstep 2.JPGstep 3.JPG

Message 9 of 10

Thanks for sharing. Didn't know that would work.

...although one shouldn't have to resort to this type of 'faking it'...

Hmmm...maybe in Revit 2024?

Message 10 of 10

Has this been solved yet? I could not find a solution to this issue, and had to do a really silly workaround it seems. See the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo2C1NfG4fg&ab_channel=PaulGriggs

Also see how I achieved the final solution that I was looking for... the solid existing wall on the existing drawings, the removed door opening with dotted demolition lines on the demolition drawing, and the new door on the proposed drawing. You can check out the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEekKYP8ku8&ab_channel=PaulGriggs

I literally had to draw a new section of wall in the opening and then add a new door to that section of wall.

Surely there has to be a better solution than this??? This workaround seems ludicrous!

Thanks, all...

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report