Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New construction in existing wall.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kat
Participant
885 Views, 4 Replies

New construction in existing wall.

Why can't I see my new wall (in elevation) with new storefronts in an existing wall I edited the profile in to eliminate a portion of that what wall? Also, what are the steps to . . . making a portion of that existing wall, not full height, read demo on my demo plan and seeing it in the demo plan as dashed and seeing the new elements in the new portion in elevation.

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Kat

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maciejwypych
in reply to: kat

Hi Kat,

I'd like to help but it's quite unclear what your problem is.

An image is worth a 1000 words 🙂 Any chace you can post one? It would be much easier to understand what you mean?

Thanks,

Maciej

Message 3 of 5
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

This link may help 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

If not I did a video but unsure what you need so please check the video and let me know if you need any additional information

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/06e030d8-da2c-444c-bdca-0d29193ebbde

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 5
kat
Participant
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

No, your suggestion was not of any help. I followed the direction by someone else. I still have to use lines to deliniate the demo portion in the demolition phase. thanks anyway

Kat

Message 5 of 5
adamschaffer

I am having the same issue trying to put a new storefront in an existing wall. I get 2 warning messages that the "Wall & instance have different phasing settings. Automatic creation of the infilling wall fails." It does cut the wall. It will show up in elevation if the view phase filter is set to 'Show Previous + New'. You can not select the storefront to cut the geometry or join the geometry once that command is active, I suppose because it's already cut?

I don't get this warning when inserting a door or window.

A solution to get rid of warning would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report