Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Underlays to Sheet Views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
IAN~JAMES
555 Views, 2 Replies

Nesting Underlays to Sheet Views

Hi,

Is it possible to bring a view into a sheet together with it's underlay...?

I have a ceiling plan that has spotlights strategically placed in relation to the equipment in the room, so I am using the floor plan as an underlay which works fine in the modelling view but when I bring this view into the sheet view for publishing, I can't get the underlay information to appear...? I really want the greyed out equipment layout to give the lightling layout some context on the published drawing.

Does anyone have any ideas...???

We are using -

Revit Architecture 2011 Build: 20100903_2115(x64) Web Update 2 Service Pack

Thanks in advance

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: IAN~JAMES

Are you actually using the "Underlay" option in the View Properties? If so, it should appear correctly when the View is placed on a Sheet.

You can also literally "drag " a view and place it on top of another view on a Sheet--which sometimes works for showing certain items from 2 different views in a single view on a Sheet.

See attached.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
IAN~JAMES
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks for the reply Cliff,

Firstly Yes in my modelling view I am using the Underlay property of the View

I did however miss out one cruicial detail...

I am compiling the drawings in what we are calling our "Container File" and there are a number of models linked in to this. It is possibly the fact that it is a linked view that is causing the problem. I have created a ceiling plan in the container file and used the visibility graphics to override the display so that it looks like the linked view (to the file that the ceiling and the floor layout is modelled) and it works OK with the exception of the missing underlay. Should that make a difference...???

As a quick work around I have dropped a floor plan view with just the equipment visible and eye-ball'ed it into position, however long term we do need a more robust and reliable solution.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report