Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Light Source

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Kraig.Cline
1176 Views, 5 Replies

Nested Light Source

I have a railing that I created a baluster with I light in it. I did this to represent a "Light Rope" under the Top Rail. But when I share the Baluster family, so I can alter the Light Source, the light does not render.. Is there I'm doing something wrong? When I have the Baluster as an unshared family it will render, but the light is all wrong and I can't tweak it. Any suggestions please?! I have attached the Baluster I'm using

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have the feeling that I miss something from your question.

The family seems to work fine in my case....

I made the following steps:

1. I checked the flexing of parameters in family editor and it works
  2. load the family into a project - place it inside a room - needed first to check the visibility in views:  from Properties > Visibility / Graphics Override > Edit > Model Categories > Lighting Fixtures >expand it (+)  and check the Light Source so to be seen and visualy controled by parameters - image 178
  3. in a interior section view (pay attention not to place the light source outside the room borders otherwise it will be no light to render) or a 3d,  perspective view , select the Light Source yellow gizmo and from Properties > Edit Type >Type Properties >Photometrics - you can control there the geometric settings of the Light Source (Image 179)
  4. When render , activate artificial lights

Image 184.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 6

I guess that's my next issue.. Why aren't my Balusters showing the Light Source now that it's a shared family?! As you can see I have the Baluster with the light loaded into railing. They disappear when I share the family. So what about that function is causing this? Thanks for the help guys/gals

Message 4 of 6
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Kraig.Cline

I have contacted our Development Group to see if they can see why there is a difference. I will update this thread when I get new information.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 6
Kraig.Cline

Thank you Chris!!

Message 6 of 6
Chris.Aquino

At this time, the permanent fix for this issue requires that the code for Revit be modified, and as such, we do not really have a fix, and at this time the workaround would be to not share the light sources.

We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but as I mentioned, any change in behavior will require the code for Revit to be modified.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report