Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested family problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
znewkerk
485 Views, 5 Replies

Nested family problem

Hello, so I have currnetly made a nested family for a basketball system and have a problem when i flex my elevation. As you can see my bracing that the Red arrow is pointing to is not flexing properly.. However when I edit the family its in, I have it constrained and it flexes no problem. So what could be the solution to this problem? 

1050.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: znewkerk

Can you attached your current Family file? (Even if it's the same file as the file in your other thread)

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
znewkerk
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I tried sending the file but it exceeds the maximum file size to post on the forum.. Is there another place I could post it or send it for you to look over?

Message 4 of 6
revitus

Without the file to troubleshoot, it is going to be difficult to offer suggestions.

You can check out Performance Sports Systems 3207 (Ceiling-Hung, Front-Fold, Front-Braced Basketball Backstop).

http://www.perfsports.com/document-view/3207-revit-model-1

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

I've received you file via email. In order to make that portion of the Family obey the "flex", I simply removed the constraint depicted in the image below.

I would recommend heeding or at least considering Alfredo's advice that he gave in from your other thread; the diagonal Reference Planes appear to be creating some instability.

Alfredo_Medina wrote:

"When you deal with diagonals that need to be constrained, there are two good choices: reference lines constrained at the start ponts, or diagonals with their endpoints constrained to horizontal and vertical planes..

Using diagonal reference planes is a bad choice. They require too many constraints to stay in place, and will, most likely, break anyway, producing those errors that you are seeing. I think that is causing you problems in that family."

RemovedConstraint.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
znewkerk
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That's crazy, I can't believe you found the problem! That was such a tease that it was working no problem in the single family but not in the nested. Thanks Corey, you've helped me out a lot!!

-Zach 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report