I have trouble with with my student version of Revit 2014. I am using a Mac Book Pro, Retina Display, and therefore bootcamp and Windows 7. I managed to install Revit, but as soon as I open a project, I notice some flickering white spots in my bottom task bar. Now I can very slowly try to draw a wall for example, but eventually or when I try so save the project, Revit will stop working. All symbols fade to be grey and the window to save the project won't open. Now when I try to do anything else it won't work. Not even closing Revit. So I have to force it to shut down by using the task manager.
- reinstall the program several times (Revit 2014 and 2013)
- reinstall Windows itself (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1)
- redo the bootcamp partition on my mac
- installed VM - Ware Fusion
- download and install all Windows Updates
- download and install all Revit Updates
- enable and disable the hardware acceleration (Revit, Option)
Do you have any experience with this problem or is there anything I can do?
I am having the same exact problem running Revit on my mac dual booted with Windows 8. The bottom task bar flickers and the program eventually stops working and I have to force quit.
I found this discussion on this forum maybe can help.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!