Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help, Revit won't work

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
helenakwit
787 Views, 5 Replies

need help, Revit won't work

I have trouble with with my student version of Revit 2014. I am using a Mac Book Pro, Retina Display, and therefore bootcamp and Windows 7. I managed to install Revit, but as soon as I open a project, I notice some flickering white spots in my bottom task bar. Now I can very slowly try to draw a wall for example, but eventually or when I try so save the project, Revit will stop working. All symbols fade to be grey and the window to save the project won't open. Now when I try to do anything else it won't work. Not even closing Revit. So I have to force it to shut down by using the task manager. 

- reinstall the program several times (Revit 2014 and 2013)
- reinstall Windows itself (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1)
- redo the bootcamp partition on my mac
- installed VM - Ware Fusion
- download and install all Windows Updates
- download and install all Revit Updates
- enable and disable the hardware acceleration (Revit, Option)

Do you have any experience with this problem or is there anything I can do?

Thanks, Helena

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lmalladi
in reply to: helenakwit

I am facing the same problem! I don't have a bootcamp but I run revit on windows7 and parallels8. I notice the same flickering white spots in the bottom task bar. When I try to import or save the project, Revit stops working.
Please let me know if you have found any solution.
Thanks, Laasya
Message 3 of 6
victormiz
in reply to: lmalladi

Is there any update on this issue?
Message 4 of 6
tjp012

I am having the same exact problem running Revit on my mac dual booted with Windows 8. The bottom task bar flickers and the program eventually stops working and I have to force quit. 

Message 5 of 6
dandantodd

I am having exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

Message 6 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: dandantodd

hi all,

I found this discussion on this forum maybe can help.

Please read:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/REVIT-2014-ON-WINDOWS-8-1/td-p/4958654

shalom....

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report