I have trouble with with my student version of Revit 2014. I am using a Mac Book Pro, Retina Display, and therefore bootcamp and Windows 7. I managed to install Revit, but as soon as I open a project, I notice some flickering white spots in my bottom task bar. Now I can very slowly try to draw a wall for example, but eventually or when I try so save the project, Revit will stop working. All symbols fade to be grey and the window to save the project won't open. Now when I try to do anything else it won't work. Not even closing Revit. So I have to force it to shut down by using the task manager.
- reinstall the program several times (Revit 2014 and 2013)
- reinstall Windows itself (Windows 7 and Windows 8.1)
- redo the bootcamp partition on my mac
- installed VM - Ware Fusion
- download and install all Windows Updates
- download and install all Revit Updates
- enable and disable the hardware acceleration (Revit, Option)
Do you have any experience with this problem or is there anything I can do?
I am having the same exact problem running Revit on my mac dual booted with Windows 8. The bottom task bar flickers and the program eventually stops working and I have to force quit.
I found this discussion on this forum maybe can help.