Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on creating a wall opening

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mbellofatto
376 Views, 4 Replies

Need help on creating a wall opening

Need advice on how I create a custom opening (non square / rectangle) in a wall, the wall happens to be a curved wall and the opening i need to create looks like a 1/4 of a circle.

file attached

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

If the wall were straight you could use Edit Profile. Since it is curved, and with a curved opening, Edit Profile won't work; you need to do that using massing tools, one positive, the wall, and one negative, the hole. Then, convert the resulting mass into a wall.

Alfredo Medina
http://www.planta1.com
Online training of
AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
mbellofatto
in reply to: mbellofatto

Al, thank you for responding.

I was able to create the curved mass, but I am having no luck creating the second part (negative) any help on htat issue.

thanks

mike
Message 4 of 5

To successfully subtract a void solid from a positive one, the void solid has to be created after selecting Edit on the positive solid already created, or within the original sketch process where you create the positive solid.

In other words: if you create a positive solid and finish your sketch, and then you start a separate void solid in another sketch, the contents of both sketches won't combine. One has to be an edition of the other, or both be created within the same sketch process.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mbellofatto

You can use an in place family void to "cut" the opening out of the wall.
Here is a link to a short video showing how this can be done.

http://www.screencast.com/t/lEJaQoFy

--
Jeff Hanson
SME (Subject Matter Expert)
Autodesk - BIM UX
Manchester, NH

wrote in message news:6300250@discussion.autodesk.com...
Need advice on how I create a custom opening (non square / rectangle) in a
wall, the wall happens to be a curved wall and the opening i need to create
looks like a 1/4 of a circle.

file attached

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report