Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help modeling a drywall stair rail

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Deioma
990 Views, 4 Replies

Need help modeling a drywall stair rail

My railing is going wacky on me.  Anyone have advise on how to model a drywall stair rail with a wood cap?  See picture.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I propose to use a stair with Closed Stringers (for instance Industrial and Assembly) - stringers as drywall combined with a Model in Place Sweep as wood cap. 

The steps:

1. the drywall : Select the Stair - using TAB select the Closed Stringer of the stair : Properties > Edit Type > Type Properties > Dimensions > Section Profile > Default -adjust the stringer (your drywall) from Total Depth and Width parameters. Assign material from Material and Finishes > Material - choose drywall material
  2. the wood cap:  Architecture > Component > Model in Place > Family Category and Parameters > Generic Models > name it > Sweep > Pick Path >Pick 3d Edges - pick the uppper edge of the stringer on the whole stair length - OK - finish Edit Mode ( for Path) - then : Profile > Select Profile > Edit Profile - draw a reversed U profile  or load a profile from Profile Families...

Image 375.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

What do you do for ADA extensions?

Thanks
Message 4 of 5

Do you know of a manufacturer who builds stairs with these high stringers?  I don't want to model something that isn't buildable.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 5

This type of stair is buildable. I have an experience in Architecture Design of over 30 years (in EU) and I can assure you it is. Of course the stringers themselves as stair structure aren't so big , they are completed with  wooden or metal frame  with gypsum board sidings...

Usualy manufacturers build stairs by their own catalogues , but  they accept to made special stairs at a higher price....The architect and the owner decide this...The architect, also , has to propose the details to the manufacturer.

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report