Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED COLOUR TO THE FAMILIES IN FLOOR PLAN

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mahesh.kadiyala
2500 Views, 3 Replies

NEED COLOUR TO THE FAMILIES IN FLOOR PLAN

Dear All,

I need colour to a family in floor plan view.I can set the colour to that family in 3D view( by MANAGE - MATERIALS - APPEARANCE).But that colour was not appearing in floorplan view of the family. Is there any option to arrange colour to the family both in floor plan and 3D view.

Thanks in advance for your quick help...

Mahesh

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can do it using Visibilty/GraphicOverride - Filters:

Suppose you want all the furniture to be colored somehow:

1. View >Filters > New >Filter Name - call it somehow ( ex Color Furniture) > Define Criteria ( if you want to apply only to some objects, use Select) >Filters > from Categories check Furniture (for our example)..-hide unchecked categories to see it better....Apply a Filter if you want to select by a certain criteria..Apply and OK
  2. In the Plan View you want to apply Filter  - Properties > Visibility/Graphics Overrides (VGO) >Filters >Add - add the filter you have just created -change Projection Surface Color and texture , see Visibility to be checked and OK
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the information.

And there is another issue i am facing.

i had drawn a slab with reference elevation 0'0".Now i need to place a component below the slab(of thickness 10").Means the elevation of placing the component is -10".When i am placing that component below the slab the colouring of the equipment was not appearing.If we place the component above the slab the component coloring is appearing.Now i need colour to the component even if i place the component below the slab.

Please suggest me.

Message 4 of 4

I'm afraid I don't understand you very well....

Let's resume:

You have an object placed under the Level and you want to see it through an opaque floor slab ?

If so, there are, in my opinion several methods:

• first of all you have to increase the View Range - Bottom and View Depth to be under 0,00 ...let it be,for instance,- 0,50
  1. you can use a transparency override for the floor: select the Floor > View >Override Graphics in View > Override by Element > Surface Transparency -move the slider as much as you want...the colored object made by the procedure shown in my first post can be now seen..
  2. another method is to show the object but only as line object (hidden perhaps) is to make a line override:change Visual Style to Wireframe . Select the Object, -View > Linework (LW) > Line Style >change to Hidden. Turn to Visual Style -Hidden and the object will be now visible inn the layout as a hidden line contour...
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report