Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysteries of REVIT Ambient Shadows

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
estepoleas
2589 Views, 15 Replies

Mysteries of REVIT Ambient Shadows

Hello,

I have been using my INVIDA quadro 600 graphic card with REVIT so I could use Ambien Shadows, but one day, just stop working. Now everytime I try to change at options , graphic aseleration, it just dont do it and make a fatal error at my REVIT file. Does anyone had have this problem before?

It is a mystery why it use to work perfectly and now it does not.

Any help will be very much apreciated.

Best to all.

P.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
alan.quinn
in reply to: estepoleas

Do you get the same reaction in all views or just one, and is it happening in all projects or just this one? If you create another view do you get the same reaction. Are you running the latest updates in your version of Revit? 

Updates:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9273944

Rendering:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a00e5540194f0883400e553e614528833/search?filter.q=ren...

See this for materials questions:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a00e5540194f0883400e553e614528833/search?filter.q=mat...

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 16
estepoleas
in reply to: alan.quinn

thank you Alan,
I just get that problem when i want to use ambient shadows, no matter in what view and in all projects. ill try the Revit updates and let you know.
very kind and thanks for the support.
P.
Message 4 of 16
estepoleas

Dear Alan,

No luck. I did all update to my REVIT 12, stillmaking the same mistake, since I have unistall it and re-install it many times I am thinking on reboot my computer to the date it was workinf fine... hope this work.

Do you know anyone using invida quadro 600 with this problem?

Best regards and thanks again.

P.

Message 5 of 16
alan.quinn

Go to this link http://www.autodesk.com/us/revit/revit_graphics_hardware_-_graphics_hardware_list_final.html 

We list a NVIDIA Quadro FX 500/FX 600 card, is this the one you have? If so check your drivers and if not no worries, just becasue its not listed does not mean it will not work.

Message 6 of 16
estepoleas

Still not working but I have discover something:

Everytime I plug my computer thru a network with my 2 other computers the NVIDIA QUADRO graphic card stop working for REVIT, for REVIT is like if I did not have that card insalled. I have try to re-install REVIT, update it, Instal the graphic controlers drivers of the NVIDIA QUADRO card, you name it... nothing works... the only thing it worked was formating my entire computer and reinstaling all software..., but again when I plug it to a net work, the NVIDIA QUADRO 600 stop working for REVIT.

I dont understand why pluging a computer at a network should impact on how does the graphic card works on REVIT, but again... still a mystery unsolved.

Best P.

Message 7 of 16
estepoleas

If I log as an Administrator IT WORK!, but if I log with my network profile Revit does not recognize de NVIDIA quedro 600.

Does anyone know why??? and how can I do so I can use my Log profile in order to use my graphic card at REVIT?

This is really strange...

P.

PLEASE HELP!

Message 8 of 16
alan.quinn

Interesting, it sounds like your Profile is corrupt. Can you create a new one and re-test to see what happens?

Thank you,

Message 9 of 16
sizaus

hi,

did you find out the solution yet?

i have exactly the same problem like your and i'm struggling with it. if you do know how to solve it, please share. thank you so much.

Message 10 of 16
estepoleas

Yes!, and no. But i found why this is happening. I install a teacher version of revit, stand alone, not for network use. So everytine i put a name to my profile at my windows 7, in order to be conected in network does not work.
Do not put any name to your windows profile.
So, i have to profiles, one to be able to work in network and other only for revit...
Message 11 of 16
sizaus

sorry but i'm not quite understand. what do you mean that do not put any name in the profile? is that the username. how you can create a username without a name. 🙂 i'm confusing. i also found out that it happens with all graphic software. looks like when you connect to network, the graphic card doesn't working full. and interesting thing is that when i create a new profile from server, it'll work fine again but i don't know if it will happen again in future. it's freaking weird.

Message 12 of 16
sizaus

Finnally i have found the issue and temporarily solve it in my way. you don't have to have 2 different profile. when i checked to use a different profile it works fine so i guess the problem is from AppData folder since only this folder have different content and i am right. if you delete or change the name of the folder "Autodesk" in both "Local" and "Roaming" folders, everything will be back in normal. Revit or whatever different software from Autodesk will automatically create a new "Autodesk" folder. Hope Autodesk could take a look at it and find out what's happening inside this folder.

Anyway my computer is working find now. Thanks estepoleas and thank God. lol

Message 13 of 16
estepoleas

Sizaus,
Thank you very much for your answer!. And your findings;
So, if i understud correctly, i just have to erase 2 folders?
Could you be so kind in defining me the paths where these folders are located?
Thanks in advance, i have continuing using 2 profiles, is pretty anoying.
Message 14 of 16
sizaus

very simple, go to  C:\Users\<your profile name>\AppData\Local  and C:\Users\<your profile name>\AppData\Roaming and delete both Autodesk folders in there. back them up if you want before delete it incase you may have some files specifically. don't worry because Revit or AutoCAD will automatically recreate that folder again when you run the program, that why you can make it clean and freash new. i've using this method since i found it and there is nothing wrong up till now. good luck 🙂

Message 15 of 16
estepoleas

Thank you Sizaus!, greate!
It works!
Best regards!
P.
Message 16 of 16
cwinches
in reply to: sizaus

Very good suggestions, but have you found anything for when this still doesn't work?

Autodesk, what's going on here? Graphics acceleration, on/off, deleting local and roaming folders doesnt work. Any direction on solving this bug would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report