Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "new project" does not have "site" "elevations" and "floor plan except one"

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
letreetleneant
5170 Views, 12 Replies

My "new project" does not have "site" "elevations" and "floor plan except one"

Hi...

Hi setup the Revit Architecture 2013 "student" version three times...
I am starting to a new project but i can't draw the site. Because there is no "site" in project browser and i can't create. Also project do not have "elevation" and "elevation cursors" when i create... Also has no floor plans except one. But i can not see the floor writtings in elevation mode. I can not repair these and other things like these... You can say that i should not start with a free template but in my setup also i do not have any template (.rte) in my computer.

I am waitting your help to start drawing.

Thank you...

OrkuN

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ccollins
in reply to: letreetleneant

1. In the Browser, select your Level 1 Floor Plan, right-click and Duplicate with Detailing.

Rename the View Site Plan. Adjust the Scale and View Range accordingly.

2. To create Levels, Go to an Elevation View--thrn, from the Ribbon select Level. In the screen, click and then drag across to create the new Level. It will come in at a default height above Level 1. You can move it or type in a number for the height you need.

3. Revit may ask if you want to rename Views and Levels--click OK.

4. You can add more Levels as required.

5. If you have a Level, but no Floor Plan view, select View from the Ribbon, select Plan Views, and select the Levels

you need Plan Views created.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 13
letreetleneant
in reply to: ccollins

Thank you Sir.

I created the site plan as you told me. 

But still i do not have the icons for the things.

Here I upload some screenshoot as attachment.

Revit has not got the symbols and other things like these in my computer.

Message 4 of 13
ccollins

The missing items are Annotations--check under Annotations>Loaded tags.

See attached image.

These need to be loaded from the Library. In some cases, the Content (Families) does not get included in the Install.

Check here and see if the Annotations are available:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2013\Libraries

( note: you must expose Hidden Folders in Windows to see the Program Data Folder.)

This is where all the OOTB (ou of the box) Revit Family Content is stored on your local machine from the Install.

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 13
letreetleneant

Ok thanks i see the loaded tags button now, still i can't apoint annotations

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2013\Libraries

the folder doesn't exists in my computer. (I expose hidden folders in Windows)

Message 6 of 13
ccollins

Try either a Repair or Uninstall / Re-Install.

The Uninstall must be done properly and completely. ( including registry entires, etc.)

Delete all Folders from C: Program Files\Autodesk Revit etc. after Uninstalling.

( Worst case is a clean wipe/re-install of Windows OS, if uninstall/re-install doesn not work.)

Cliff B. Collins
St. Louis, MO
Message 7 of 13
letreetleneant

I did all of them. But I can try for uninstalling with additional manuel uninstall.

Message 8 of 13

... and i can't install now... 

The install hangs on "Preparing Revit Content" ...

I can not install

It had been before but i could pass with the option "trusted site" as including autodesk.com site

Now, i can not pass... Also i tried closing the virüs programme, closing firewall etc...

Is there any other site or any method to install Revit?

Message 9 of 13

The following link provides details on how to complete a clean uninstall of Revit 2013:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18782231&linkID=9243099

Once this process is complete, you should be able to reinstall Revit.  Also, the installation may appear to stall at the preparing Revit content prompt because this portion of the install can take a long time.  If you still cannot get Revit re-installed, please post the install log file (it should reside in your Windows temp folder) and I can help you troubleshoot this problem.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 10 of 13

Hi...

OK i did those things (the things that link have written) I clean everything with temporary files and install again. It hanged on 1,79 GB again. And then I clean the computer again, then downloaded the Revit file (3,0 GB) without installing. After download I try to setup but it gived an alert at the end of the setup (I printscreened it, in attachments) and it aborted from the insallation. 

Message 11 of 13

...and I can't upload my ".log file" because it is 14.693 KB, forum message didn't accept.

Message 12 of 13

The error in the image you posted indicates that there were problems during the download of Revit 2013 executable and the install content cannot be successfully extracted.  The only solution for this problem is to download Revit 2013 executable again and extract the install content from the new copy.

Once you get past the install content extraction problem, I believe I know what is causing your installing to hand (aka take an extremely long time to complete).  Based on your screen capture, it appears that you are using a non-English operating system.  If this is the case, then the Revit install automatically enable each content pack, which means the install has to download Revit content for each available language and this can be a lengthy process.  My recommendation would be to expand the Autodesk Revit 2013 entry on the Configure Installation page of the install, scroll down to the content pack area and disable the checkboxes associated with country you don't need content for.  This should reduce the amount of time required for the install to complete.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 13 of 13

Hi...

Yes, my windows is Turkish. 
Also many times I unchecked the boxes to decrease installation size before except English.

I will try setup again and again, i do not have any other idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report