Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer freezes opening REVIT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alas1a60
664 Views, 5 Replies

My computer freezes opening REVIT

Please someone help figure this out.

I have a Lenovo Laptop its a 64 bit 8gb of RAM. Intel I7 processor! My revit program is not working properly, I cant see every icon of the program when its open. And when I want to close it to reopen I can even close it normally, I have to force it by opening "task manager" and end task. Autocad was working just fine. What happened with REVIT. please somebody help me. I hope I dont to buy another computer.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: alas1a60

Hi, Have you install all latest updates and hot fixes for your revit and see how it goes? If still doesnt work try to uninstal and install. hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
David_W_Koch

Try disabling hardware acceleration, if it is enabled.

Do you have a graphics card?  Is it one that has been tested and certified by Autodesk?  If so, is the driver one that was certified for that card?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

You may also want to check to see if a WSCommCntr#.exe process has hung, preventing Revit from continuing to open.  You can use the Task Manager's Process tab to end the process.  Note that the actual name of the process will have a numeral in place of the # character shown previously, such as WSCommCntr4.exe.  The exact numeral varies with the version being run.  Also note that AutoCAD also generates a WSCommCntr#.exe process, so you may want to troubleshoot this with just Revit open, to avoid confusion over which WSCommCntr#.exe process is to blame.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
alas1a60
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi David. Yes my computer has a graphic card but how can I see that is certified by autoCAD and it should be because autoCAD work just fine. I downloaded version 2015 then when I save. The "save" window doesn't show, it is like invisible because when I click something else it wont allow me to do so because surpassingly the "save" window is open. Only when I cancel that command then I am able to close or do anything else. Why is that, why I cant see the window to save.
Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

You can find the Autodesk Certified Hardware Tool here.  You have a choice between system hardware and graphics hardware.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report