Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple buildings with shared notes, details and sections!!

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
TJMdesigns
328 Views, 0 Replies

Multiple buildings with shared notes, details and sections!!

Ive been doing extensive reading on the topic of multiple building workflow in Revit Architecture. In our case each will need their own set of construction documents however the buildings will be sharing details and notes. I cant seem to find a "best practices" or general consensus on a "recommended approach". Everything I read seems to be that this is a PAIN in Revit no matter what. And that for multiple buildings, there is no way around duplicate notes, details, sections etc. thus causing double, or triple the work depending on the amount of buildings you may have.

Here's my firms situation. Recently we are running into numerous projects which have multiple buildings on a single site. We have been trying numerous methods for CDs but all seem to have issues. Our intent based on what we used to do in Autocad Architecture, would be to have a separate set of construction documents for each building all under a overall cover sheet with items such as general notes, key notes, details, sections being shared accross all the buildings.

What is the simplest solution to achieve our desired results? We have experimented with linking all buildings into a common file but running into issues with not being able to modify schedules for linked files, as well as if we cut a section on one building and place it on a sheet we cant reuse that section on another buildings sheet (i.e. same section used for two sets of construction documents). We also have tried doing each buildings CDs as its own project file but then we have duplicate work in that general notes, key notes, details, sections are being copied from project file to project file. Which means if a standard note or detail is revised we have to revise it x times how many buildings we have.

In Autocad we would have drawn the general notes, key notes, details, sections in an Xref base file and then Xrefed it into each set of CDs thereby only drawing it once and only revising it once if there were revisions. PLEASE HELP!!

-TM

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report