Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Contributor
kooldabiz
Message 11 of 13 (241 Views)

Re: Multi-Category Sched ... Not Reporting 'Some' Room Info

10-02-2012 12:28 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Guys, this is great stuff.  However, when I used the Work Plane-Based approach it worked great for equipment I had already placed on a floor as the room name and number showed right up on the schedule, but when I tried dragging it in from the browser onto a floor the equipment didn't show while dragging as usual and when I clicked on the floor to place it I got "A serious error has occurred" message. Any ideas?

KOOLDABIZ
*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 12 of 13 (235 Views)

10-02-2012 01:10 PM in reply to: kooldabiz

Unfortunately, it is difficult to know what could have caused that error.

I only want to comment this: selecting the proper template is the first important part of the workflow when making families. So important, that sometimes we cannot fix something without starting from scratch with the proper template. If there is no specific reason to use the "floor-based" host,  we should simply use the default template that is hosted by the reference level. The same happens with other hosts, such as wall, roof, and ceiling, which, in most cases, could be better replaced by "face-based".

In this case, notice how the choice of "floor-based" did not really give you an advantage, but some trouble instead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Contributor
kooldabiz
Message 13 of 13 (227 Views)

10-02-2012 04:08 PM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I'm with you and will be changing my approach accordingly.  All this information has been a really big help.  Thanks a ton to everyone.

KOOLDABIZ
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.