Guys, this is great stuff. However, when I used the Work Plane-Based approach it worked great for equipment I had already placed on a floor as the room name and number showed right up on the schedule, but when I tried dragging it in from the browser onto a floor the equipment didn't show while dragging as usual and when I clicked on the floor to place it I got "A serious error has occurred" message. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, it is difficult to know what could have caused that error.
I only want to comment this: selecting the proper template is the first important part of the workflow when making families. So important, that sometimes we cannot fix something without starting from scratch with the proper template. If there is no specific reason to use the "floor-based" host, we should simply use the default template that is hosted by the reference level. The same happens with other hosts, such as wall, roof, and ceiling, which, in most cases, could be better replaced by "face-based".
In this case, notice how the choice of "floor-based" did not really give you an advantage, but some trouble instead.
I'm with you and will be changing my approach accordingly. All this information has been a really big help. Thanks a ton to everyone.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.