Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mullion Curtain Wall

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mansoordeahmed
1254 Views, 8 Replies

Mullion Curtain Wall

Hi,

I am trying to put a custom mullion over custom curtain wall on the top side it isntalled correctly but on the side its orientation is changed and is being  installed in opposite direction. Can someone Help ?

M1.PNGM'.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: mansoordeahmed

I think the easiest way will be to use two different mullion types.

One for the left and top mullions the other one for the right and bottom mullions.

The profile used for the mullions are mirrored insances for each other.

Mullion.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
mansoordeahmed
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks for you response , i figıured it out can you please also tell how can i resolve this issue . I want achive a corner somethis as mentione in figure 2 but presently i am stuck with figure 1

A1.PNG

Message 4 of 9

A1 - Copy.PNG

Message 5 of 9
L.Maas

With mullions this will not be possible. Mullions are basically sweeps. One corners takes precedence over the other, so you choose which runs to the end, the horizontal or the vertical one.

The solution for this problem would be to modify the panel. Create/edit the panel and include the mullions in the panel. When making the curtain wall you will not use the mullions function.

Louis

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
mansoordeahmed

Hi, 

Still couldnot able to resolve it can you please elaborate in more detais. This is actually a channel that runs on the four sıdes of walls ,i want it to change its properties with reference to walls and it should have a wedge shape 

Message 7 of 9
L.Maas

As a quick example.

Mullions.png

What I have doen is create a curtain panel family. In that curtain panel I created a frame that goes around the panel. That frame is made from 4 parts (top, bottom,left, right).

With some parameters I can control if those frame parts will be visible and if they should have straight edge or 45° edge.

Load this panel in your project. Create a curtain wall and insert the new panels. Each individual panel you can control which frame parts (mullions) are visible. So in the curtain wall I only used the new panels (no mullions via the ribbon added).

In the screen shot three curtain walls. First contains one panel, two others contain three panels. In the third one some of the frame parts are hidden.

Hope this would sove your problem

Louis

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
mansoordeahmed

Thanks a lot, th,s ,s what exactly i want. Can you please send me the revit file ?

Regards

Message 9 of 9
L.Maas

Attached the project with the curtain panel.

Louis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report