Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving wall deletes tags

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
M-Town_Drafter
2651 Views, 7 Replies

Moving wall deletes tags

I'm trying to move a wall.  When I do, I get this warning 'Elements will be deleted', which apparently means that all tags for the wall and anything hosted by it in the interior elevation views.  Huh?  Oddly, if I drag it, this doesn't happen.  This resulted in a frustrated yelling session with inanimate objects late last night.

So, what am I doing wrong?  Or, if this is just Revit being Revit, how can I prevent it, besides dragging elements for slight modifications to 24 restrooms with a deadline fast approaching?

Mondays.  I never could get the hang of Mondays....

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Additional: I'm using Revit LT.  I've also noticed that aligning, or using a dimension to move the object does not result in tag deletion.  Just the move command.  I'll be checking this on a full version soon.  If it doesn't do it there, I'll be saved for this project.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Huh... i restarted Revit, and now it allows the move without deleting the tags.  I suppose a fix is to restart Revit whenever it exhibits this behavior, but I was only 2 hours in this morning.

...or maybe I'm going insane... I suppose that's another possibility...but at least I'm one of the happy kinds...

Message 3 of 8

My guess is that you had "Disjoin" checked on in the "Move" command. The setting I think is persistent per Revit session, but resets itself after a restart. See screenshot.

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand
Message 4 of 8

Ah ha.  That was it.  I was trying to keep several nearby walls from joining in on the fun, so to speak.  So, operator error concerning documented behavior.  Much better than wondering what was happening and why.

Should I apologize to revit for all the nasty things I said to it last night?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

Have been caught with the "Disjoin" trap before. Personally, I wish the was some sort of setting where users could tell Revit to have it stick for just the one command, or until explicitly unchecked.

@M-Town_Drafter wrote:

.................................Should I apologize to revit for all the nasty things I said to it last night?

Thanks!

No, I wouldn't apologise.......we all do it a fair bit I'd say Smiley Wink

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand
Message 6 of 8
vinod_arch
in reply to: ChrisNeedhamNZ

But When I try to move in elevation without selecting I can not able to move. When move all tag deleted. Please guide me how to safe my tag.

Message 7 of 8

I'm having this problem in 2019 Revit when I move duct.  Sometimes I need the pieces to disjoin.  Is there a way around this when using disjoin?  It sure is frustrating to lose hours of tag work.

Message 8 of 8

I've just had this same problem, wish I had read your post before losing a lot of work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report