Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Level Heads

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PhilvK
11637 Views, 4 Replies

Moving Level Heads

I like my Level Heads on the right side of the drawing and have set up my elevations accordingly. However, when I went to one of my elevation views, I noticed they had moved to the left side of the drawing. I “stretched” them back, and now the others are all off. Is there a tutorial that addresses this so I can see what I can and cannot do to get them to all align alike?

Thanks, Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maciej-wypych
in reply to: PhilvK

Hi Phil,

It's a bit of a pain sometimes, because the levels in Revit have a three different behaviors. On one hand, the level itself is infinite but it has model extents and annotation linework controlled separately.
There are two different grips on the level line. With the circle at one end you control the model extent of the level. If you drag the level line using this grip, it will affect all views.
With that you can control for example, which section shows which level (useful if you have multiple buildings on different levels)
The problem that the model extent of the level is not visible in 3d so sometimes it's a hit&miss to position it correctly

But there is also a small blue dot grip that controls the display of the level line on each view.

You can find a detailed explanation here - http://www.revitzone.com/presentation-and-graphics/143-levels-2d-and-3d-extents-explained
Message 3 of 5
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: PhilvK

If you want to swap the head position, you can select the level line and tick/un-tick the box at each end, this will toggle the head On/Off. The same thing can be done inside the type properties of the level line (Symbol at end 1 etc.) ticked or un-ticked.

When you select the level line, you will notice at each end it will say (in very small text) either "2D" or "3D". If it is set to 3D, you are moving the 3D extents, meaning if you stretch it in the east elevation, you will be moving the west elevation and any framing elevations or sections with the same orientation, and the same goes for North/south. If you click the wee "3D" text on the level line, the grip changes to a small dot, if you move the 2D extent, it only affects the current view, and does not modify any other view.

You can swap between the two by clicking the "2D" or "3D" pieces of text on the level lines.

(you cannot use 3D extents if the view is cropped and the levels are outside the crop region)

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 4 of 5

is there any effect for being the MEP levels on the right side for example and the Arch link levels on the other side ? 

and what is the difference between levels heads on the right and left side ? 

thank you 

Message 5 of 5
PhilvK
in reply to: anas_aldasouqi

I believe determining which side your levels appear on should be based on
which arrangement would more clearly show the information contained in the
drawing. So, as long as it is clear, it doesn't matter which sides they
appear on, or if you show them on both sides.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report