Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving families & scheduling using X Y Z parameters

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BIMBoy
389 Views, 0 Replies

Moving families & scheduling using X Y Z parameters

I am converting estates data from AutoCAD to Revit. I have a set of Specialty Equipment families (fire signage, extinguishers, etc.) that I want to position using the coordinates of blocks in AutoCAD drawings to save time in manually positioning over a inserted drawing. Basically, I am aiming to:

a) Position in the project using X,Y, Z parameters.

b) Schedule the families by Room Number

I can extract the coordinates from AutoCAD to Excel, then import via Excel to Revit using an add-in called WhiteFeet. I place the families on point 0, 0, 0 (the same point of origin in AutoCAD drawing). Next, having added X, Y, Z parameters to the family component, once the schedule is imported the locations of the families move to the correct position (after using some formulas in Excel). Graphically, the families all go in the correct place. Part a solved.

However, the point of origin remains the same (0, 0, 0) when read in the schedule. This creates problems as although a family may be correctly graphically positioned in a certain Room Number, the schedule will read the room where it's point of origin is. e.g. Family model is in Room 2, but the point of origin is still in Room 1.

Has anyone used this method before and have they overcame the scheduling problem?

Many thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report