Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More annotation questions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bigislander72
375 Views, 3 Replies

More annotation questions

Working with CAD, there is layers, so making a text (or line) bolder involved only changing the layer. I think I understand how to change various model elements line thickness if I choose to.

But how about text? When going to the label family type dialog, there doesnt seem to be that option in the "text" fields. And what does lineweight in the "graphics" area mean.

And also, how do I get the font type "ROMCL" to be available to choose?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccollins
in reply to: bigislander72

Lineweights are controlled via Object Styles.

Fonts in Revit use True Type Fonts, and load from C:/Windows/Fonts.

So if you need a new/custom font, install it in windows.

You can use bold fonts to make text stand out more.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
bigislander72
in reply to: ccollins

Thanks for the response.

So back when I was using CAD, I remeber there could be two text fields with the exact same font and size, but one could be bolder by setting the penstyle bolder. This is not possible with Revit?

I am trying to copy a style that I see on a lot of engineering sheets, very simple. Seems to be "ROMCL" throughout and about 1/8" high for most, just some bold and some not so bold. RomanS is close enough, but I want to vary the thickness(more so than bold/ not bold)

Also could you elaborate about installing a font to windows and then how to get it on to Revit?

Message 4 of 4
bt1138
in reply to: bigislander72

Revit uses any and all True Type fonts that are installed on your PC, these are the same fonts that your word processor and every other program uses. 

Just search for true type font styles on the web, you'll find millions of them in any style. 

Look in the control panels of your PC for "fonts", that's where they reside.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report