Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monolithic stairs: joining to walls and slabs

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
saipanda
8998 Views, 19 Replies

monolithic stairs: joining to walls and slabs

What is a good way to finish up the monolithic stairs?

- How can I join the top tread to the upper floor slab? (red circle in attached sketch)

- And is there a way to join the CIP monolithic stairs to the CIP walls? (blue circles)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
sivate.hussain
in reply to: saipanda

Hi,

We had the sam requirement and I didn't find any way to get the required result. SO, there is a workaround to get that; we need to terminate our stair by Landing and not by Tread/Riser. I made a video tutorial for my users here, if you want the same just send me your Email Address and I will Email you that video.

Regards,

Sivate Hussain
Satellier Inc.
Message 3 of 20
melarch

Stairs and Walls to not join, but there are several work arounds. First, where ever there is a meeting between walls and stairs you can use a Masking Region with Invisible lines to clean up the connection and in the case of the last Riser/Tread meeting the floor or landing add another riser to the run by selecting the Blue line in the middle of the stair in Sketch mode and drag the end grip to extend and add a tread.

The unfortunate part of all this is the masking regions must be placed in all views (Elevations and Sections) that display these connections. See attached.

Mel Persin, aia
Message 4 of 20
melarch

Stairs and Walls to not join, but there are several work arounds. First, where ever there is a meeting between walls and stairs you can use a Masking Region with Invisible lines to clean up the connection and in the case of the last Riser/Tread meeting the floor or landing add another riser to the run by selecting the Blue line in the middle of the stair in Sketch mode and drag the end grip to extend and add a tread.

The unfortunate part of all this is the masking regions must be placed in all views (Elevations and Sections) that display these connections. See attached.

Mel Persin, aia
Message 5 of 20
revitcadd

Please send video.
revitcad.rediffmail.com
Message 6 of 20
saipanda

I'd like to see your video - please email me!

kumanomimura@gmail.com

Thanks
Message 7 of 20
murfy17

could you please email me the video as well
a.barnes@cr-architects.com
thanks, also anyone else having trouble with railings?
Message 8 of 20
Digarch

Hi please send me the video, here's my email address: stanley.nwokoro@jesticowhiles.com

Message 9 of 20
krishnakanth01

Please send me the video to the following mail ID krishnakanth01@gmail.com

Thanks,

Krishna Kanth.

Message 10 of 20
dipti.ukey

Please send me the tutorial video : for stair slab connection issue

at

dipti.ukey@dargroup.com

Thanks,

Dipti

Message 11 of 20
johnypd
in reply to: sivate.hussain

Could you please email the video to johnypd@gmail.com

Message 12 of 20

i would like to see the video... please mail me at vishwadeepb@gmail.com

Message 13 of 20
Mihaela_fc
in reply to: vishwadeepb

Hello.

I did not see the video.

I have tried to use a landing and the stair in the section looks well connected but in the plan view i have an extra line (if my stair has 18 risers, i will see 19 lines ) 

How can i get a clean stair in both section and plan?

thank you

Message 14 of 20

For the area marked in Red on your image - if you create a reference plane using the 'select edges' tool and lock it to the underside of the stair.  

Now select the wall and use the 'Attach Top/Base' and then select the reference plane.  

The wall will attach to it and create the slope at the top.  No need for masking regions or linework modifications.

K.

*edit* just realised this is an old post but hopefully someone in future might find this helpful.  ;o)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 15 of 20
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

why you did not publish the vedio and every one send email ıf yuo dont need publish dont talk obut it
Message 16 of 20
azsaqib
in reply to: sivate.hussain

Hi,

Please send the video toturial my email address is eng.msaqib@yahoo.com

Thanks 

Message 17 of 20
boloroo_toto

Can you send me the video also, pls Thank you
Message 18 of 20

I think asking for the original video is a waste of time... if he's not posted it by now probably safe to say it ain't going to happen...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 19 of 20
sharmaroshan801

I have same problem why not staircase join with slab can please send me your video
sharmaroshan801@gmail.com
Message 20 of 20
ToanDN
in reply to: sharmaroshan801

Stairs will not join with floors, walls, and anything else. Period.

1. You can add a top landing of the stairs matching the floor and fake it as a floor but it still will not join with the actual floor next to it.

2. Export the stair to a SAT file import it in as a model in-place. This, you can join with other building elements but it's no longer a parametric stair.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report