Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monolithic stair?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
NigelParsons4560
4900 Views, 2 Replies

Monolithic stair?

Hello,

I've drawn a stair.  I've checked monolithic stair.  After sketching, I have a few problems as follows:

1. The stair is transparent.  I can see whatever is under the stair and I don't want to;

2. The UP arrow does not extend across all of the risers.  I would like it to extend to the landing;

3. A break symbol appears mid-flight.  I would like to move and rotate that symbol if possible;

4. I would like to not see that part of the stair above the break symbol if possible.

Thanks in advance.

N.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

1. Make sure the view isn't set to wireframe.  If you're talking about the riser lines, go into the visibility/graphics, Model Categories tab, scroll down to Stairs, expand the subcategories, and uncheck the box next to "Riser Lines".
  2. Can't help you. Pretty sure you can't change this.  You can, however, go into the visibility/graphics, Annotation Categories tab, scroll down to Stair Paths, expand the subcategories, and check the box next to "<Above> Up Arrows".  It may not be exactly what you want, but it could work, especially if you change the graphic overrides to make it a solid line instead of dashed.
  3. Break symbol appears at location based on cut plan for the view.  If you want it higher/lower, you'll have to either change the cut plan for the view, or create a plan region around the stair and manually override the cut plane for just that area.  To rotate the symbol, select the stair and go to Edit Type.  Under Graphics, edit the properties for teh Cut Mark Type parameter, and change the settings as appropriate (i.e. Cut Line Angle parameter).
  4. In visibility/graphics, Model Categories tab, scroll down to Stairs, expand the subcategories, and uncheck the boxes next to all the subcategories begininng with "<Above>".

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the prompt reply.

1. Solved;

2. Wasn't what I was looking for but I will survive;

3. Is that a 2014 feature?  I didn't install the upgrade because I'm a sole practicing architect and installing every second upgrade will be good enough for me.  I'm using 2013;

4. Solved.

Thanks again.

N.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report