Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monolithic concrete stairs problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
vaga1981
4218 Views, 9 Replies

monolithic concrete stairs problem

How to get the image on the left to look like the image on the right? Underside of stairs-slab joint, and to make the connecting line dissapear.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: vaga1981

Unfortunately, the Join Geometry tool does not work with Stairs. They don't join to other elements. One common solution is this:  View > Edit Cut Profile > create (in two different sessions) the outlines shown in red in the illustration I am providing. After that, make the hatch pattern of the slab match that of the stairs.

This is a 2D solution, specific to the view. It won't have an effect in other views, and it won't produce a change in the actual model.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 10
vaga1981
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

OK, thanks, problem solved, maybe in the next release of revit they should add the option to join stairs to slabs

Message 4 of 10
ahmedgaser
in reply to: vaga1981

i have the same issue , can you tell me how to fix this in the model not only in 2d view !

Message 5 of 10
cbcarch
in reply to: ahmedgaser

I believe this problem has been solved with Revit 2014.

see here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-E36AE889-D507-4288-90BE-FCE2F120C2B6

Take a look at Precast Stairs.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 6 of 10
alex60
in reply to: cbcarch

Hi all, this is an issue not very well solved in Revit yet, but with the monolithic stair by components I can ad a landing to the last riser and get the solution for the landing and stair. See the attached image.

I hope this will be usefull to you.

Alex

Message 7 of 10
Seychellian
in reply to: alex60

Hows this looking 10/6yrs on? My Stairs floor joints look like a dog's breakfast.

I really dont like sending drawings that look like this out of the office....

2020-07-30 15_44_10-Autodesk Revit 2019.2 - [040a_Balabanov_MasterModel.rvt - Section_ Section 16].png

2020-07-30 15_46_09-Autodesk Revit 2019.2 - [040a_Balabanov_MasterModel.rvt - Section_ Section 16].png

Message 8 of 10
TimELZ49
in reply to: Seychellian

What were you hoping for?  Explain what you would like to achieve.

Stair.JPG

Message 9 of 10
Seychellian

@Seychellian wrote:

Hows this looking 10/6yrs on? My Stairs floor joints look like a dog's breakfast.

I really dont like sending drawings that look like this out of the office....

2020-07-30 15_44_10-Autodesk Revit 2019.2 - [040a_Balabanov_MasterModel.rvt - Section_ Section 16].png

2020-07-30 15_46_09-Autodesk Revit 2019.2 - [040a_Balabanov_MasterModel.rvt - Section_ Section 16].png

@TimELZ49 

Clean connections between all the elements. Like this......

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Message 10 of 10
Seychellian

@TimELZ49  Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report