Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modular Panels Family

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mansoordeahmed
1182 Views, 1 Reply

Modular Panels Family

Hi, 

I want to construct a house using standard panel as shown in attached images. I want to use these panels as a separate products hence want to calculate the material for these panels sperately. Can i develop these panels as a family so on a mouse click i can insert it into drawing ?  These panels are make up o gypsum board walls + window + Door and PRofiles. The basic idea is i want to develop the wall panels for exterior walls that exist as a seperate entitites but can be combine to form the whole building. plz help.ABC.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: mansoordeahmed

I believe there will be a solution. It depends a little how everthing has to fit together and how and what exactly needs to be scheduled.

I would look first into a possibility of creating curtain walls/curtain wall panels.

Another possiblity might be to create a wall with windows and doors. The wall should have fixed length and the ends disallow joins, so that your can move (copy) different wall parts together without allowing them to join.

If the doors and windows do not have to be "real" revit door/windows. Than even creating a (generic) family might be a solution.

In the family you can create the panel and have things that look like doors and windows. With the right parameters included you can make all kinds of schedules.

Possibly there are many more solutions. It all will depend on your worklfow, preferred route and your requirements.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report