Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify title block to display the view's Title on Sheet

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
zxian
1538 Views, 1 Reply

Modify title block to display the view's Title on Sheet

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to modify title block lable so that it automatically displays the view's title on sheet?

I am currently creating a set of drawings with only one view on each sheet. I find it quite annoying that i have to reposition the view title on every sheet. 

Or is there a better practice?

Thanks,

Newton

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosskirby
in reply to: zxian

Just to clarify, you want to modify the sheet titleblock family to have a parameter that displays the "Title on Sheet" parameter of the view you place on the sheet, correct?

If so, then no, I don't believe there's any way to automatically do that, as the sheet title is an instance parameter of the titleblock family, and the "Title on Sheet" parameter is not a project parameter or a shared parameter (the only kind that the titleblock family would be able to pull from the project).

There could be some kind of roundabout workaround that sets up the view title as if it were a sheet border (just redraw the sheet border and recreate the labels for project name, etc.) and use that, but I imagine you'd run into quite a few problems getting everything to print correctly, and it would probably take longer than just turning off the view title altogether, and then retyping the view "Title on Sheet" into the sheet name box.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report