Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Tab Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kevinstein
260 Views, 1 Reply

Modify Tab Issue

Hi there,

I have suddenly come across an issue whereby the modify tab wont change its settings options when I select a different component, detal component, or model component.

For example:

If initially select a detail compent and then choose to select a wall component, Revit only gives me the modify settings for the first detail component i selected instead of the wall's modify settings. 

Furthermore Revit seems to be retaining the first item's modify settings and doesnt want to change after that no matter how many items I change selections.

I have also captured and attached a screen shot to show what I am refereing to: in this example i slected a floor component but it tells me i can modify a famliy?!

The above all started after the IT administrator in our office proceedeed to update our Revit software from 2013 to 2015. While he was installing Revit 2015 version on my computure he aborted it half way as he realised he was installing the wrong Version. After this my Revit 2013 started with the problems mentioned above.

Any help on this topic would be great appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: kevinstein

From what you have posted, I am assuming that the aborted installation of Revit 2015 did manage to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, removing previous versions in the process.  That breaks contextual ribbon tab functionality in the 2013 and 2012 versions of Revit, if you do not have the latest updates installed.  Links the those updates, based on the version you have installed, can be found in this blog article.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report