Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Ribbon error

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
arnel01
8228 Views, 48 Replies

Modify Ribbon error

I will try to explain my situation the best as I can. 

When an item is selected in the model, the modify ribbon changes the icon for the specific object. But when I'm selecting an item there are no additional icons. As you can see the topography is selected and the modify tab is available but no modification icons. Is does the same with any other object.

I have reinstall Revit, I have tried registry fix, I have uninstall the frame network 4.5 beta, I have upgraded the video card drivers, I have format all the pc and installing a fresh Windows 8 costumer preview and have run it with compatibility mode in windows 7 and vista. The software (Revit) was working fine and for no apparent  reason it started with this problem. 

The pc is running 

Intel i7 940

12 GB ram

Windows 8 64-bit OS

Ati Radeon HD 4870 x2

3 Western Digital Raptors in Raid-5

revit problem modify ribbon ex1 small.jpg

48 REPLIES 48
Message 41 of 49
chrislutz
in reply to: rleckstein

Autodesk has released a patch to fix the 4.5 framework issues. It DID fix our issues

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21344242&linkID=12828318

It is a simple update for one DLL file to fix the issue.

Message 42 of 49
adam.jw
in reply to: chrislutz

I already tried that exact link, and it is still broken 😞

I am now installing .NET 4.0 after removing .NET 4.5. If this works, that means I'll have to do this silly dance everytime I want to work on a 2012 or 2014 project.

😞

in reply to: adam.jw

I was able to get the Modify ribbon in Revit MEP 2012 to work again by downgrading to .NET 4.0.

I attempted to make Revit 2012 work with the hotfix as others had pointed out with .NET 4.5 still installed, but it had no effect.

Perhps I should try re-installing .NET 4.5? Maybe with the hotfix in place, and .NET 4.0 currently functioning... a simple reinstall of 4.5 might do the trick?

I'll reply back results.

in reply to: arnel01

its working, no ribbon problem :))))

rename your file Adwindows.dll and copy the new one

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 45 of 49
hzheku
in reply to: ryan.duell

The link you have posted does not work. Do you have any other links for the update to fix the ribbon on revit 2013?

Message 46 of 49
chrislutz

I beleive this was wrapped up into a service pack (don't remember which one). I would check the support website and install any that you are missing.

Message 47 of 49
ryan.duell

Both links (for 2012 and 2013) are available at the bottom on the post:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/05/revit-2013-2012-contextual-panels-do-not-display-or...

Hope this helps!

Ryan Duell
Message 48 of 49
chrislutz
in reply to: ryan.duell

That for posting Ryan, it has been so long ago I couldn't remember if they where included in a update or a hotfix.
Message 49 of 49
theinsoeaung
in reply to: Cribbert000

I got it but i only test revit 2013 in my laptop. Net 4.5 is already installed in window 8/ 64 bit .I don't install any netframe. I download Autodesk_Revit_Structure_2013-x64_Update2 from the link http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/revit-architec... Enjoy:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report