Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Ribbon error

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
arnel01
8222 Views, 48 Replies

Modify Ribbon error

I will try to explain my situation the best as I can. 

When an item is selected in the model, the modify ribbon changes the icon for the specific object. But when I'm selecting an item there are no additional icons. As you can see the topography is selected and the modify tab is available but no modification icons. Is does the same with any other object.

I have reinstall Revit, I have tried registry fix, I have uninstall the frame network 4.5 beta, I have upgraded the video card drivers, I have format all the pc and installing a fresh Windows 8 costumer preview and have run it with compatibility mode in windows 7 and vista. The software (Revit) was working fine and for no apparent  reason it started with this problem. 

The pc is running 

Intel i7 940

12 GB ram

Windows 8 64-bit OS

Ati Radeon HD 4870 x2

3 Western Digital Raptors in Raid-5

revit problem modify ribbon ex1 small.jpg

48 REPLIES 48
Message 2 of 49
ryan.duell
in reply to: arnel01

Message 3 of 49
Cribbert000

I used a .Net Framework 4.5 removal program. and uninstalled from the program list. This problem persists. It makes the program practically unusable at the moment. Is there any fix?

Message 4 of 49
LisaDrago
in reply to: Cribbert000

You can try resetting the ribbon:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16825244&linkID=9243099

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 49
Cribbert000
in reply to: LisaDrago

I tried using the script, but the behavior of the ribbon remains the same. It never loads the context menu correctly. Is there some kind of patch we can get for this soon? I've tested on both 2012 and 2013. Same bug.

Message 6 of 49
LisaDrago

Have you tried to manually renaming the uistate.dat file?

This will force the ribbon to reset.

I have not heard of people having issues with the ribbon.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 7 of 49
Cribbert000

Tried renaming that file manually. It made a new one on the next launch, but the bug is still there. 

Message 8 of 49
ryan.duell

The behavior and screen capture you mentioned seem to match what happens when .NET 4.5 is installed [or was installed] on the workstation.

Can you please manually uninstall .NET 4.5 if it is still on your workstation and then use the .NET 4.0 web installer from Microsoft at the link below?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Web Installer)

Thanks,

Ryan Duell
Message 9 of 49
Cribbert000
in reply to: ryan.duell

I removed .net 4.5 with a special remover that microsoft pointed out and uninstalled it from the programs menu. 

The installer you pointed out won't run saying that windows already has .net 4 or that a higher version is already there. This sounds like a bigger windows 8 problem with removing .net 4.5.

Has anyone used revit 2012 or 2013 on Windows 8 without this bug?

Message 10 of 49
arnel01

At the moment I have tried many options as I described in the beginning. I tried the .NET removing tool and it didn't work. I manually located the registry containing the installation package and delete it, it didn't work. I'm just format the computer and I'm stalling a fresh copy of windows 8 costumer preview and of course everything new. This copy of windows 8 have .NET 4.5 by default.

The behavior has been with modify icons. Some times by clicking an object the icons do not appear or show the icons to modify the previous object. I used to cycle trough all the view and show the appropriate icons to modify the selected object. It is complicated to waste so much time every time you need to change something. But recently the icons where not available as you can see in the picture at the beginning.

Solutions I have tried

1. Unistalling .NET 4.5

2. Re installig Revit 2013 (several times)

3. Unistallig and Re-installing Revit 2013

4. Backing up revit registry and deleting the display registry

5. Fixing the registry with a registry software

6. Formating the PC and isntalling a Fresh copy of windows.

7. Running windows compatibility mode.

8. Updating video card drivers

I do appreciate all the reply but the problem has not been solved yet.

Message 11 of 49
arnel01

I have done several troubleshooting including format my PC 3 times trying to fix this problem. I have sacrificed personal data to resolve an issue and I have not been successful. I believe is time that autodesk provide a solution or a service pack for this growing problem. If the problem is the .NET 4.5 it is included in Windows 8 and it is coming the next month. Autodesk should provide a solution for this ASAP since this will be a community wide problem.

Message 12 of 49
mrevelli

I have the same problem, is there any solutions?

Cheers

Max

Message 13 of 49
Cribbert000
in reply to: mrevelli

I have also not solved the problem yet, I have tried everything that autodesk suggested and many other things.

Message 14 of 49
mrevelli

Wonderful the problem is still with Revit 2013 and .NET fw 4.5/Visual Studio 2012, no solutions at the moment from Autodesk!!

Message 15 of 49
LisaDrago

This must be a Win 8 issue.

I have not upgrated to Win 8 - and I am not sure how much if any testing was done with Revit on Win 8.

If any of you are on subscription contract - Send in a ticket to Autodesk Tech help and have them look in to it. If not on Subscription - contact your reseller and they should be able to open a ticket with Autodesk.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

LD

Message 16 of 49
mrevelli

Not Win8 but Win 7 PRO+fw4.5 and Revit 2013 doesn't work!

Message 17 of 49
s.avinash.v

I found a way to make it work but not completely solve the issue so try this

I think revit isnt able to have its complete capability over unsaved files so when u start the project save it close revit and open the revit file things work properly.

works or not please reply to this message. so that i will know

Tags (2)
Message 18 of 49
andresmtzc

I am having the same issue on Windows 8. Has anyone found a fix?

@s.avinash.v

That does not fix the issue.

Message 19 of 49
joespiff
in reply to: mrevelli

I've had the same problem with Revit MEP 2012 and Revit 2013, on Windows 7.  My solution was to uninstall Visual Studio 2012 (RTM) and all the .NET Framework 4.5 programs (also RTM).  However, this also uninstalled the .NET Framework 4.0, so I had to reinstall that.  Things seem to be working at the moment.

Message 20 of 49
arnel01
in reply to: s.avinash.v

Uninstalling the .Net 4.5 has not been an easy task, but it has not resolved the situation. Windows 8 is coming out soon and .NET 4.5 is default. AUTODESK SHOULD BE PROVIDING A SERVICE PACK FOR THIS. 

I have not been able to work since this issue started. Revit was working fine in Windows 8.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report