Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model in place Walls with a phase problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vitornunesalves
695 Views, 2 Replies

Model in place Walls with a phase problem

Hi everyone.

I´m doing a restoration project of un old building.  This builiding have a lot of weird walls with irregular forms, so i've done this walls with a model in place component. the project is separated in three phases(existing, demolition,new construction).

Initially i've done everyone of this irregular walls in the existing phase as wall as all of the doors and windows. The doors and the windows will be demolished in the demolition phase but the walls will remain in the new construction phase, but now, in the new construction phase all off the doors and windows have disappeared but the hole left by this components hasn't. And now, i want to insert new windows in the place of the old ones and this holes doesn't let me do that.

thank you for the patience to read this giant message!

Vitor Alves

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Yes, because the walls were done as model in place, they don't behave as true walls in regards to other features, such as phases, properties, schedules, etc...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
cjgielens
in reply to: vitornunesalves

Revit is very limited regarding to phases.

Within walls you can phase the windows but if you want to replace the window with another window with exactly the same measurements there can be a lot of trouble!

And phasing in roofs, floors, openings, like make an opening in an existing floor? Forget it, Revit cannot.....

you have to demolish the floor and make a new one with an opening in it......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report