Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Group selection not available in a view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JNM2013
664 Views, 2 Replies

Model Group selection not available in a view

I have an issue with a view. I am unable to select my model groups with in a specific view. When I go to select a group all that is selected is an item in that group, not the entire group. There must be a setting that is turned off, as other views I can grab entire groups. Currently I have to open a 3-D view and select the group I wish to edit or change, instead of being able to select that same group on the 5th floor of my building. ( I can select the same group on the 4th floor, but I don't see any diference between the two floors?)

Any help on the settings for the floor plan views?

We are using Revit 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: JNM2013

Hello and Welcome to the discussion!

I currently do not know why the whole group would not be selecting. I do not know of any settings that could turn this off.

Can you post some images of what you are seeing? A view that it is working correctly and one where it is not?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
JNM2013
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for responding

Here are two views from my Revit model 2012 version.

In the 3D view I'm able to selection an item and it comes up with the Group commands, but when I select the same item in the plan view I only get one item and not the group and no group commands?

These are Railings that have been grouped together for numerous identical floor openings or steel layouts throughout the project.

This occurs in some views but not all and I cannot find any settings that are different between views?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report