Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model cut and display problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
206 Views, 2 Replies

model cut and display problem

Hi, All:

I got a problem when I was trying to import a façade model from rhino via a SAT file. In 3D view everything seams OK (figure 1), but in floor plans the model doesn’t cut automatically based on the floor level (figure 2), what I want is something more cleaner shown in figure 3, but this is still in 3D view with a crop-box, which can’t be used directly to layout and annotation. Any solution? 

Figure 1:

1.png

Figure 2:

2.png

Figure 3

3.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

Try exporting from Rhino as .dwg, then inserting the .dwg into a new Revit family starting with the generic adaptive template or the mass template, then load the family into a project. I have not tested this mysefl, since I don't use Rhino, but it's a workflow that I have read from people who use it.

The other option is, of course, modeling this design in Revit. That would be better.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to bring the sat file into a massing family first then bring the massing family into the model Ricardo A. Maturana 1.416.910.1431 Twitter: @rmaturana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report