Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing things in the ribbon while editting family

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
341 Views, 6 Replies

Missing things in the ribbon while editting family

Hi all,

For the past few weeks I've been working on Revit and there has been no problems. All of a sudden when I went to edit a family and add an extrusion, all the options that come up on the ribbon are missing. I've tried reinstalling, repairing and restarting everything but it doesn't seem to come back. I've read a bunch of articles on this problem but the articles are almost a year old. 

Please see attached for a picture of the missing options.

Thank you!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I think the most common cause for this are the .net 4.5 (windows) libraries. Some versions of Revit have been receiving updates others have had hot fixes for these issues.

So probably the easiest is to check if there are updates or hotfixes for your version (LINK).

Otherwise, if you know the date the problems started, you could return to a restore point before that date to see if that fixes the problems.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
ennujozlagam

hi, which version of revit you are using?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I'm using the student version 2013, and it's weird because I've had it there for months now and it randomly disappears and yesterday it came back for a short while but other things from the ribbon disappeared..
Message 5 of 7
alex60

Hi all, the problem is that  Windows Updates are installing the .NET 4.5 automatically, so you have to check out the programs and features in Control Panels to see this issue. Delete 4.5 and reinstall the 4.0

I hope this will be helpfull, Thanks, alex

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

This is a 2013 problem ... if you go to 2014 it will get better.

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

Update Release 3 for Revit 2013 fixes the contextual ribbon problem that occurs when .NET 4.5 is installed.  Links to the commercial updates can be found in this blog article.  I am not certain if these can be applied to the student version, or if the student download site has equivalent versions.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report