Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Shelf Component

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
554 Views, 1 Reply

Missing Shelf Component

When I attempt to use the Shelf and Pole Component, it will not work o the 1st floor.  I can get it to show up on the 2nd floor then move it down.

I have checked the obvious V & G and ste the cut plane high but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you seeing the shelf on the second floor plan?  Are you seeing it on the first floor plan after moving it down?  What is different about a direct drawing of the component on the first floor vs. drawing it on the second floor and moving it down?  The out-of-the-box Closet Shelf and Pole family has two elements in the Generic Model category, Shelf sub-category.  Assuming that you have already made certain that this category and subcategory are turned on on both floors, then the other possibility is that the family has been set not to show any graphics in a top or bottom view, or, if that is not the case, that none of the model elements are cut by or are below the cut plane.

The imperial default shelf is set to be 6'-0" above the plane on which the "line" for the shelf is drawn.  That may well be above the cut plane, and it may be that on the upper floor, an offset was applied to bring the shelf down into the visible zone.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report