Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Reference Other Veiw" Section Tags

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
architectureguy
1801 Views, 1 Reply

Missing "Reference Other Veiw" Section Tags

Revit 2014. 

We created floor plans, created actual wall sections. Then we placed countless section markers that Reference Other Views with the SIM text by them. I would expect to go into the roof plan or elevation and see those same section markers. For some reason they do not show in any other view besides the view in which they were placed. The actual wall section markers show up. Just not the ones placed that reference another view. 

Same in reverse. Go into elevation, draw a section marker that references other view. I would expect that marker to show in plan. But again no. I have not had this issue in previous versions of Revit. Just so far in 2014 this has been killing me trying to figure it out.

All views are set to Discipline: Coordination, and the original section markers are set to hide on scales courser than 1"=400' so they should show. Visibility graphics has sections turned on. There is nothing that shows with the light bulb.

Anyone had an idea of what could be causing this?   

G McKenzie
Revit/BIM Manager
Merriman Assocates
Dallas, TX
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LisaDrago
in reply to: architectureguy

Hello and Welcome to the DIscussion!

So I read through your post and I was a bit baffled so I went into Revit 2014 and gave it a try what you are taking about and you are right - when you put the section view in referencing another view - it is only visible on that view.

You said in 2013 it didn't do this - that you could see the sim section in all views - so I opened Revit 2013 and gave it a try - but I was not able to see the sim section except only in the one that I had placed it...

So I decided to check out Revit Architecture 2012 - and it behaved the same way. Whichever view I placed the sim section was the only view it was placed in.

So I believe this is the standard function of the referencing section tags - it considers it just annotation and the view you place it in is the only view it will show.

I am not sure how you got it to work in previous projects but I do not think that is typical behavior.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report