Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing properties and project browser box

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
ktran4445
242738 Views, 45 Replies

missing properties and project browser box

how can i open the project browser and properties box in revit 2013. they just disappeared. please help

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
LisaDrago
in reply to: ktran4445

Hello - I have posted an image showing but you go to the View tab>Windows pallet>User Interface and then check the box of the properties and project browser to turn them back on.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 46
ktran4445
in reply to: LisaDrago

thank you so much.
Message 4 of 46
ubaldurban

Thanks a LOT !!!

Message 5 of 46

Hi everyone 🙂 I was about the post the same request but I had my answer already from @LisaDrago, Thank you so much,
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 46

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks
Message 7 of 46
monica.wegner

My Browser box is missing as well, bus nothing is happening when trying the User Interface.

In my case I lost my browser box when my monitor nr. 2 got black (graphic card?!). My local support can not help me.

Message 8 of 46
monica.wegner

My Browser box is missing as well, bus nothing is happening when trying the User Interface.
In my case I lost my browser box when my monitor nr. 2 got black (graphic card?!). My local support can not help me.
Message 9 of 46
LisaDrago
in reply to: monica.wegner

Can you post an image of what you are seeing?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 10 of 46
monica.wegner

Browser Box is back. Had to edit in my Windows Registry.

But my iProperties box is still missing.

Message 11 of 46
LisaDrago
in reply to: monica.wegner

iproperties?

Again an image would help a bit to se what you are missing - if you are able.

LD

Message 12 of 46
monica.wegner

problem solved!
Message 13 of 46
magdalena_gt

Thanks so much for your useful answer, but how can I now fix them on the left side? I tried it for a long time and many times but it does not fix, only in horizontal position. I have v.2014

Thanks,

Message 14 of 46
David_W_Koch
in reply to: magdalena_gt

That depends on how you want them arranged.  The process is somewhat tricky, but it can be done.  It helps if you maximize the Revit window on one monitor.  You need to drag the palettes over to the left side, taking your cursor all the way to the edge of the Revit window.  You should see a gray outline indicating where the palette will be placed if you release the left mouse button at that point in time.  For anchoring to the left side, you want to be just below the Options Bar, on the left border.

Do the same for the second palette also.  Side-by-side stacking is fairly easy; getting them in the same spot, with tabs to choose the active one, is slightly harder.  Getting one on top and one on the bottom is slightly harder than tabbed.  For the latter, I suggest anchoring the one you want on the bottom first, then adding the one you want on top, as seen in this Screencast.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 15 of 46
magdalena_gt
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Than you David,
It took some time but I got it!
Very good help to show the video.
Message 16 of 46
Jordan.ehrig

I am having this same problem, but every time I open 2015 it reverts to no project browser or properties pallette, and the boxes are checked on UI, I have to uncheck and recheck them every time I open Revit 2015, this can't be a normal behavior....

Message 17 of 46
davacas
in reply to: magdalena_gt

how did you solved?.  I hade the same problem and I am driving miself crazy

Message 18 of 46
wittywe

Thank you taught me something new. 🙂
Message 19 of 46
jagrawal
in reply to: wittywe

Hi everybody,

I was having this problem, and it was driving us crazy.  Turns out it was caused by dual-monitors!  I have a laptop w/ 2nd monitor at work and, this AM, I physically swapped them left-for-right.  THIS is what caused revit to suddenly stop displaying the Project Browser and Properties despite the UI settings.

SOLUTION:

1)  Close all programs and reset your Windows Display settings to a single monitor.

2)  Once back to single-screen setup, re-open Revit and your missing panes should be there.

3)  Then, WHILE Revit is open on your one screen and displaying all panes, go back to your Windows Display settings an re-enable your dual-screen setup.

4)  Presto!

Three cheers to Craig, our resident Revit expert 🙂

Message 20 of 46
chrisplyler
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David, if you want them one-atop-the-other, I've found it easier to dock them together that way while they are still floating, and then drag them both as a unit over to the left.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report