Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Levels (elevation tags)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
apanico
2296 Views, 2 Replies

Missing Levels (elevation tags)

To place my building onto a linked AutoCad site plan, I moved my building very far from the origin. I have found out since that this is a very big mistake and has lead to a lot of problems. Now I am not able to find any of my elevation tags/levels. They are still there as the plans exist, but in elevation and section they do not appear. I have gone to zoom to fit and the view shows only the extents of the model. Nothing is hidden and if I turn everything off exept the levels they do not appear. Is there a way to reinsert the level tags for a level that already exists???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jsadams2
in reply to: apanico

I suspect that when you moved your model, your model and your level markers became seperated. (Next time, move the autocad file to your model, not the other way around) Your plans will still exist, becuse the level planes exist to infinity, unfortunately, the level markers do not. You might try going into an elevation and un-crop the view then zoom way out. With some luck, you might see the levels way far away, and you can just stretch them back to your model. You'll have to do it in perpendicular views so you get both the x and y directions. Most likely you'll have to zoom out pan over, and zoom back in and repeat a bunch of times to locate it.
Message 3 of 3
laurence
in reply to: apanico

Another option to try is to turn off Far clipping. If the levels are off in the distance and your far clip offset is set to a shorter distance (in front of the levels) the levels will be prevented from showing up in your view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report