Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing handrails and stairs not dashed

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kwg06516
4713 Views, 7 Replies

missing handrails and stairs not dashed

Stairs and handrails have displayed properly up till now.  Apparently I've changed something and wasn't warned about it and now new stairs show no handrails above the cut plane and existing stairs are no longer drawn with dashed lines above the cut line.

2013-09-14 18_07_35-Autodesk Revit LT 2013 - [Floor Plan_ Level 1 - 1331 proposed layout 1.rvt].png

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LisaDrago
in reply to: kwg06516

The first thing I would check is the visibility graphics of the view (either VV or VG).

Look under railings and see if any of the <Above> items have been turned off or unchecked.

Also look under the Stairs to see if the like Projection/Surface lines have been overridden.

If it is project wide then I wood look on the manage tab>Settings>Object Styles.

Or on second thought - your project is phased.... the phasing may be causing the issue.. if you look under your phases anything that is existing is solid.. that would also override the dashed lines of the stair...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 8
nikolajmurray
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank you ❤️

Message 4 of 8
L.S.
in reply to: LisaDrago

I have the same issue, with existing stairs shown as grey continuous lines also above cut plane. I believe it's due to phasing, because if I change the phase filter from "show existing+new" to "show complete" the lines above cut plane become dashed. How can I change the graphics of existing phase?

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: L.S.

Mange > Phases > Graphic overrides.  I normally do not override the line pattern and line weight of the existing, only tick Halftone box.

Message 6 of 8
L.S.
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you, but how can I just change the solid grey lines of the stairs above cut plane without modifying anything else?

Message 7 of 8
nicolasbekiaris
in reply to: L.S.

Click on stairs, it will take you to the Modify|stairs tab, under view click linework or (LW for the shortcut) and you can select any line type in your project to override it with then select the lines you want to replace it with. 

Message 8 of 8
L.S.
in reply to: nicolasbekiaris

That did it. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report