Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Elevation Markers?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
gmak
62253 Views, 20 Replies

Missing Elevation Markers?

Hi,
two of my elevation markers (North and East) have disappeared. The actual elevations are still visible and fully functional, but their tags have disappeared. "Elevations" is turned on in the View Properties dialog, but only 2 tags appear.

Anyone know how to get them back?
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: gmak

Float your mouse over the location of the markers. They will highlight. Right click. Show annotation in view. It sounds like they were hidden in that specific view. "gmak" wrote in message news:32567644.1084830199230.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > two of my elevation markers (North and East) have disappeared. The actual elevations are still visible and fully functional, but their tags have disappeared. "Elevations" is turned on in the View Properties dialog, but only 2 tags appear. > > Anyone know how to get them back?
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous

Hi Gmak - Check the discipline setting of the two elevations where the discipline mark has disappeared. The discipline will need to be to same as the discipline in which you want the marks to show up for them to be displayed. If that's not it, please post back. hth jason "gmak" wrote in message news:32567644.1084830199230.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > two of my elevation markers (North and East) have disappeared. The actual elevations are still visible and fully functional, but their tags have disappeared. "Elevations" is turned on in the View Properties dialog, but only 2 tags appear. > > Anyone know how to get them back?
Message 4 of 21
gmak

In case anyone finds themselves with this problem, I've finally located the cause. The elevation titles are phase dependant. So, if your elevation was created in the "New Construction" phase and then you change the Elevation view to Existing, your elevation marker will not appear in a plan view which is showing a different phase.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

.... "gmak" wrote in message news:11752500.1084913862864.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > In case anyone finds themselves with this problem, I've finally located the cause. The elevation titles are phase dependant. So, if your elevation was created in the "New Construction" phase and then you change the Elevation view to Existing, your elevation marker will not appear in a plan view which is showing a different phase.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous

Agreed, elevation markers are phase dependant. How to solve this situation: 1. Select South Elevation Mark and delete. 2. Press YES to delete the view also. 3. Now, how to get it back??? "gmak" wrote in message news:32567644.1084830199230.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > two of my elevation markers (North and East) have disappeared. The actual elevations are still visible and fully functional, but their tags have disappeared. "Elevations" is turned on in the View Properties dialog, but only 2 tags appear. > > Anyone know how to get them back?
Message 7 of 21
aimeewilliams

Hi,
I have a 3D model where all element are showing however when I click to see the south or the west elevations nothing comes up. The north and the east are both showing. Can anyone help?
Message 8 of 21
dbwalla

Had this same problem - took for ever to figure out.  Answer: Far Clipping, No Clip.  

I have no idea why some elevation tags were clipped and others weren't, they are all visible now. 

Cheers,

Message 9 of 21
nino_abunda
in reply to: dbwalla

I have this problem, and i thinks its a glitch in revit.

i resolve it by going to site plan view where all elevation markers are visible, then i select the elevation mark that have problem then change the value of "Associated Datum" properties to any value, you will see it will solve the problem, then just return the value to "None" after the marker is visible to be safe. 

it works for me, so nothing to loose if you try if you encounter this problem

cheerss!!!

Message 10 of 21
alicata

Mine were nowhere to be found. I tried the crop area, and checking the phasing. The structure was only showing up in the south and East Elevations, and there were no symbols on the levels. What I did to remedy this was to delete all the elevations in the project browser, add four new ones and rename them. 

Message 11 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: alicata

If the phases between the plan and sections are different then the section markers won't show.
Message 12 of 21
ollyvent03

Go to the View properties, under extents, uncheck crop view visible to see the events of the view crop. Drag the view crop controls in your drawing area to properly enclose the missing views. When displayed, go back and uncheck crop view visible box.
Message 13 of 21
TimKaiser1534
in reply to: ollyvent03

I just placed over fifty elevation markers on four floors of our new building.  Everything was placed in 'New Construction" phase.  Upon opening the sheets again - all of the markers disappeared.  There are no filters and cropping is turned off.

Where did they all go??????

Message 14 of 21

I found a problem.

Revit can't name it's elevation markers past the number 9.  So if you are working on one floor of a building and delete a marker 3-a, etc.  It deletes all the markers of the same number on all floors in the building.

Does that mean the markers have to be re-named to something else each one.  I haven't checked that yet - but I really don't have the time since I lost all morning placing the first 50 markers!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 21
ToanDN
in reply to: TimKaiser1534

@TimKaiser1534 wrote:

I found a problem.

Revit can't name it's elevation markers past the number 9.  So if you are working on one floor of a building and delete a marker 3-a, etc.  It deletes all the markers of the same number on all floors in the building.

Does that mean the markers have to be re-named to something else each one.  I haven't checked that yet - but I really don't have the time since I lost all morning placing the first 50 markers!!!!!!!!!

If you delete a marker then all and only the elevations (normally 4 of them) belong to said marker get deleted. Subsequently, any elevations placed with "Reference other view" that pointing to 1 of those 4 elevations, and any view created by call-out drawn in those elevations , get deleted.  Other elevations placed independently from said marker should not be deleted.

Message 16 of 21
disag85

I hope you resolved the problem in your case but in my case I needed to change the "Hide at scale coarser than" to a different value.

The scale of my view was 1:500 but on the elevation 1:100.

Hope this helps someone 🙂

Message 17 of 21
WaelYassir
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Your answer was very helpful, Thanks a lot.  

Message 18 of 21
davidHAB3

When elevation markers are showing - but with the wrong sheet reference.

If you have more than one sheet with the same elevation on it (for instance to show finishes) then Revit will create a 2nd elevation marker laid over the first. Instead of Revit stacking them, only the last sheet reference will be displayed and hiding the first original one. Select the last elevation marker reference, right click, and select hide element. This will hide the second elevation marker and display the first.

Alternatively move the elevation marker to show both side by side.

Message 19 of 21
wisedrawing

Just had this issue and hint is that you obviously have to go over the normal things in the floor plan like hidden views and scale size that the elevation might be hidden etc. but

then go to the elevation and to the properties and Phasing and drop the Phase filter from the phase (for example existing) to the new construction phase.

the actual elevation just has to be changed from existing to new construction in the tab. once you go back to the plan view (as a new construction plan view) it should be there.

works in reverse order for new construction back to existing too. the target phase for the elevation is the phase you want your elevation to be

74 ELEVATIONS AND PHASING NOT SHOWING.png

Message 20 of 21

I Also found that if the Discipline is different between the plan and the elevation, the marker will not show up .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report