Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing (Draw) panel

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jz4all
4027 Views, 8 Replies

Missing (Draw) panel

Hi

I don't have long experience in Revit. I downloaded a Revit file from internet containing a drawing. When I tried to draw a wall, door , reference line ...etc. I noticed that (Draw) panel is missing? How can I get it back?
For information, this panel exists in the Revit Editor when I try do draw my own drawing or a new drawing.
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
LisaDrago
in reply to: jz4all

Hello - Can you post an image of what you are seeing?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 9
jz4all

Hi
thanks for your response. I attach hier images to explain the problem. But it seems that the problem is solved after restarting Revit and after restarting my PC. But how that happened, and how it solved? I don't know!!
If you know any explanation for what happened, I'll be greatful, that will help me to solve such problem in the future.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 9
David_W_Koch

Make sure you have the latest service pack installed. If you machine has had .Net upgraded to 4.5 (which Revit 2014 and other more recent programs require), there will be issues with the contextual ribbons/panels that can be resolved by installing the latest service pack.

From the images you posted, you appear to have the "one box" version of Revit (Arch, Structure & MEP in one program), so you will want this version of SP3:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/revit-2013-upd...

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 9
jz4all
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi,
you mentioned before an interesting point. It's about (cycling through the ribbon )? but how? I tried to klick the last title of the ribbon or press and drag it but nothing changed.
As you see in my attached pictures there is no such possibility, like arrow for instance, to do such action. Can you give more explanation? Here I am asking about the principal if I face such problem.
thanks

Message 6 of 9
Alisder.Brown

See attached image to cycle through the ribbon states.

This method is only a temporary fix, as mentioned, you need to install the service pack to solve your issue.

Regards

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 7 of 9
jz4all

Thanks for your kindly response.
I did already this kind of cycling.
the problem is already solved as I mentioned before. But I tried to inform if I face such problem in the future. And I'll install the service pack.
thanks again

Message 8 of 9
bryanlow

How to retrieve back the Draw Panel

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: bryanlow

There is no Draw panel.  You are looking at an outdated tutorial.  Use panels provided in recent Revit versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report