Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misplaced curtain panels appearing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
311 Views, 5 Replies

Misplaced curtain panels appearing

I don't know if anyone has met this issue in Revit 2015, when building curtain walls, sometimes totally misplaced panels appear in the model, which then can't be deleted in any way (yes, I unpinned them). They can only be hidden, which is far from satisfactory, especially when linking to 3dsmax, for instance. I could finally make them Empty System Panel, which temporarily solved the issue, but I'd like to know if there's a way to avoid this.

Here's an image, the additional panel highlighted in blue.

cp.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
arunag
in reply to: Anonymous

Selected object looks like mullion not panel,  Maybe you had to resize the base offset instead of emptying the panels. A rvt file would be helpful.

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: arunag

Thanks for the response, arunag.

It's definitely a panel, what's more, it's not a simple panel, but a curtain wall used as a panel, I forgot to add to the original post.

.rvt attached

Message 4 of 6
L.Maas

It looks Revit is struggling with your edited profile. Especialy the sloped top part. If you make (slight) modifictions to that area it seem to remove the bottom panel. I think the intersecting mullions throws off revit.Curtain Wall.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 6
arunag

Hi, the file you have attached contains only in place family of floor that looks like the selected object in the image, not curtain wall or panel ?!!

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks, EnlInt, that seems to solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report