Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored Text Justification

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ndsmaug
3136 Views, 2 Replies

Mirrored Text Justification

I have looked everywhere for an answer.  Why does Revit insist on changing the justification of text after mirroring?!?  Text originally left justified will automatically be right justified if mirrored.  I understand Revit's trying to "help" by mirroring/converting the justification, but is there a work around to getting this function to be less painful if you don't need this to happen?  If there are 50 notes in a detail to mirror and they all need to remain left justified after mirroring, I have found no quick way to change them than to go in one by one and re-justify them.  Annoying.  

Since there are no "Keep original Justification"  or "Justify Multiple" buttons , does anyone have any suggestions in the mean time?  

Thank you very much! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bearsley
in reply to: ndsmaug

here are 2 options depending on the end result you're after:

option 1: mirror the mirred text in the same place while it is still selected (if there are leaders they will be mirrored also)

option 2: select all mirrored text, then change justification in properties under "Horizontal Align"

happy reviting!

Brian Earsley

Message 3 of 3
ndsmaug
in reply to: bearsley

BOOM!  Bearsly, you're my new favorite person (for two reasons).  Reason number 1, Option 2 was exactly what I was looking for!!!  Option 1 wouldn't work for me because I still needed the leaders to point in the mirrored direction, but option 2 modified the text all at once just like I was hoping for.

Thank you so much for your help!

P.S. Reason number 2, I also tell people "Happy Reviting" everytime I end one of my posts in my Revit blog.  Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report