Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

methodology on multiple column grids

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
142 Views, 2 Replies

methodology on multiple column grids

Hi all, I searched here and Augi trying to find insite on this, but didn't come up with anything, maybe I am using bad search parameters.

I have a building that is basically two buildings against each other. One is a multi-storey office area, the other is a long flat warehouse area. They have different column centers, but do share some common grid lines. I'm sure others have run into this, what is the best way to set up the column grids to not run into confusion down the road? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Grids have 3D/2D settings. Adjust the 3D setting of your grids so they only travel as far as they are needed in your views. Any views that need something special toggle the 2D on by clicking the 3D icon and adjust the grid in that view alone. If you need this 2D overrride in multiple views then select the grid and choose Propogate Extents on the options bar.

Or...you could take a look at scope boxes.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"If you need this 2D overrride in multiple views then select the grid and choose Propogate Extents on the options bar."

Hey that is very cool 🙂 thanks a ton, I hadn't fiddled with that button yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report